The End of the 2021-2022 School Year

The 2021-2022 school year has been far from uneventful. From the continuation of the COVID-19 pandemic to the war in Ukraine and the recent tragedies caused by gun violence, this year has been a lot to handle. And while 2022 is not yet over, BASIS Independent Brooklyn students are getting ready to leave school behind until September.

As every student at BASIS Independent Brooklyn knows, school is not easy. Each student has put in significant effort into this school year. Students have completed their final exams, whether it’s an AP exam, Comprehensive exam, or a different final. Now that these exams have passed, students can look forward to project week and the many fun events planned for the last week of school. Juniors and seniors recently had prom, which was held at The View on Van Brunt Street, and seniors are excited for their graduation. Other grades can anticipate going to six flags, the community building activities of project week, and in-class celebrations.

This school year marked the first time since the 2018-2019 school year that school has been fully in-person. This was difficult for many students, especially in addition to the tremendous global changes taking place. While this school year has been full of surprises, students have continued to push ahead. Students have summer, as well as the many planned activities that BASIS Independent Brooklyn provides to look forward to, and hopefully this school year can end well and prepare us for a new year in September.